28/08/2010

Season starts

This is the big day, the start of the 10/11 season. We are playing away in the Montilivi stadium against Girona. They have refurbished one of the stands in the grounds and it looks great.

The whole squad is there for the weekend as they travel on Sunday afternoon by train to Alicante for the King's cup game on Wendesday evening against Elche.

The club had upgraded their website and I am not sure it I like it The lettering seems smaller. I expect it will just take some time to get used to. You can check it out here.

The Peña (fan club) Peña Salamanca celebrated 50th anniversary this week. They have an exibition of memorabilia on display in the halls of the Parque García Sanabria, in Santa Cruz.




Ruben Rosquete will be going to play in Real Murcia this season on loan. It had been decided by trainer Arconada that he needs more minutes playing time that he would have here in CD Tenerife so he has been sent on loan.



















The club have also given a professional contract to Josmar Zambrano. This is his first professional contract and was given after interest was expressed by FC Barcelona and Sevilla FC. The player wasn't taken to the second summer training this year and feeling among the fans was that the lad from Venezuela would be returned to the second team. In an interview on the 25/08 he stated that, "I hope to make the most of the chance I have been given and fight for a place in the first team. Although I am still a CD Tenerife B player I will be hoping for minutes in the first squad. I want to move forward little by little. It is my dream to play in the Heliodoro with the CD Tenerife shirt".  Photo © tenerifedeportivo.com

No comments: