03/06/2010

Interview with Mikel Alonso.



Q. After your first few days of your holiday, how do you see the last season?

A. On one hand based on the fact we were relegated that is what counts. On the other hand we played well, there were all the games we won. But finally you are left with a bitter taste to return to the second division. We were in with a chance until the end we played really good football. It is a terrible shame.

Q. You are a player with experience in the elite division. Have you ever played a season which was a equal at the bottom as this year?

A. It is more or less normal. I can remember other years that were this close. People make mistakes and sometimes this causes problems and the other way around; teams who seem to have no hope and at the end manage to keep their head above water. The end of the league is always hard although perhaps not as hard as this year. We were in with a chance to the end.

Q. And personally, after a year and a half here, how do you see things?

A. I am very happy here in the group, with the club, with the trainers and the day by day training. I like the city and the island. When I arrived here the team were in the second division and I didn't manage to play a lot as the group was already formed. Then from the beginning of this season I started to play. This time has been great above all because of the great level of the team.

Q. How do you see the next season in the second division having been relegated?

A. I don't know. I can't tell how it will be next season. Right now my plan is to rest but I am sure as with every year we will be excited to start to play when the time comes.

Q.This year you have almost two months holidays. What sort of preparations will you take during this time?

A. In this sense I am very lucky, I don't tend to have any trouble with weight and I find it very easy to get fit again. This could be because I am always active. I try to enjoy my holidays like every normal person. Then with training little by little I start to get a rhythm.

No comments: