17/06/2010

Interview with Pablo Sicilia

At the start of his fifth season in CD Tenerife Pablo Sicilia talks in an interview for the club website. The player from Gran Canaria has played most of the minutes in the previous seasons. He has proved again and again a player who fits in and is always of use to the team.

How are your holidays?
Good, I am making the most of this time with my family. I was away for two weeks and now I am in Gran Canaria, between the south and the Capital.

Now we have a new trainer: Gonzalo Arconada. Do you know him?
I know where he has trained but not much more than that. But once we start to work with him we will see how he works. I guess he will be wanting to work hard when he gets here.

Next season there will be play offs to go up. What do you think about this?
I was surprised, but it is good that the first tow go directly up. What is clear there will be a bigger fight for the teams to go up. Many teams stop trying towards the end of the year as they see no chance to go up. Now there is a chance for the first six teams which will leave the league much more open .

What do you expect for the following year?
Above everything I like the chance we have to fight for something big. The team has the chance for good results after the difficult times last year. Those of us who are here need to help those who arrive fresh to adapt. The fans must be happy to see a new team. What I am sure is we will achieve a competitive group.


There is a good base for the start. Don't you think? Players with Experience?
Some of the players have been several years with the club. This makes things easier but we need to adapt well and regain the confidence of the fans.

Even with the relegation, last season you were one of the players who played most minutes. How do see the season?
This was my first season at the highest level. I played quite a bit as I had in previous years. Performing in great stadiums against great teams and outstanding players. The real pity was we couldn't keep our place in the first division.

Now a month has passed since the end of the season. What feelings do you have about the group?
I am left with the union between the group right to the last minute to achive our aim. We fought together right to the end.

No comments: