19/12/2010

Mandia talks after the Betis game



Juan Carlos Mandía had no excuses for the loss suffered on Saturday by CD Tenerife against Real Betis. The maximum leader of the blue and whites could only talk about the work needed to get out of the position the team finds itself and recognised that Betis were superior.
“The game started very quickly against a complicated rival”, said the trainer to start with, then he added: “Personally I find myself well. Two weeks ago we were better positioned to move up the table away from relegation but the game against Granada was postponed and this broke the winning streak we were on. The situation is difficult be it can be improved with hard work”.
Mandía reminded that “I came here when the club was in a difficult situation. The team had lost six games. Because of this I needed to put all my energy and good will to see the maximum capacity in the team”. “It hurts us all. But I want to say again that you can get out of difficult situations by working hard” he continued.
“We have one game less and we need to play ”, he pointed out in reference to the missing game against Granada.
In the extensive press conference given by Juan Carlos Mandía, the trainer had time to reflect on the future: “I have the moral and contractual obligation to get the best from this team When I accepted to come to Tenerife it was because I thought I could change things”.
The coach understood that “right now everyone needs things to improve. From moments like the ones we find ourselves you get out of them through maximum effort. I will do what needs to be done in the changing rooms but looking outwards I need to maintain calm”.
“We have had reverses, like the losses against Nastic and Recre”, he lamented.
When asked if there will be players coming in the winter break to reinforce the team Mandia said “If some needs to talk about players it isn't me. We need to add points and to achieve that you need to work and compete”.
Asked if he saw himself continuing here in his position the trainer commented that “I have been sacked twice in my professional career. The people responsible for the club are the ones who need to value if I can help the team. I have said before I am happy here with the club and the Island”.

No comments: