14/07/2010

New shirts

Fan power really does work. Luanvi had stated in an interview in June that there would be no cross on the second strip. Across the interent in CD Tenerife fan forums there was outcry. A call went up for the fans to complain and obviously something had a effect as when the shirts were shown today the second strip has a Tenerife cross over the left shoulder
The first shirt once again after several years has a blue band and has a picture of Mount Teide on it. The third strip will be green this year changing from the burgundy of last year.
I have to say I like them very much.


_________________________________

The medicals continued today including Marc Bertran and Juan Lu Hens. Juan Lu has just signed for the next 4 years with the club. He commented that he was"very pleased to extend his stay here in Tenerife. CD Tenerife has show they have faith in me. To be here for the next four years is important. I am very happy. We have a new trainer and we need to adapt to his ideas as soon as possible. Here on the island I have had some great experiences and I will always need to work well and hard ". he finished.

Marc Bertran also spoke to the press and said, "We have had a long holiday to rest and recuperate. This will be an important season". When asked about his future he stated, "I am not going to talk about the future. I need to concentrate on the day by day work. Tenerife has laid out an ambitious plan. We need to fight to be as high in the table as possible, as going up is the plan". When asked about Gonzalo Arconada he remarked that "I am sure the new coach will make the squad perform" finally he finished telling that "I was looking forward to getting back to work and starting the new project, I know that the second division is always hard. There will be many teams with a chance until the end".

No comments: