CD Tenerife gave 28.479 euros to the charities “Nunca Más” and to Cáritas

CD Tenerife gave 28.479 euros to the charities “Nunca Más” and to Cáritas of the town of Mazo. The money was the amount raised from the presentation game of the first team last August against Nec in Holland. With this gesture the club joins many companies in this help for the poor people in La Palma who lost everything in the fire.

The money was handed over in the Meeting room of the town hall in Fuencaliente,in the beautiful Islad of La Palma. At the presentation were the Mayor of the town Gregorio Alonso; the representative for Social Services for Mazo, Rosa Rodríguez; and the administrative secretary from CD Tenerife, Conrado González

80 percent of the money has been donated to the association “Más Nunca”, represented by Eduardo Pérez; and the remaining 20 percent to Cáritas in the Villa de Mazo, specifically the parish of San Blas, represented by Miriam Cabrera.

This money was a donation agreed by the team CD Tenerife in agreement with the Cabildo Insular de La Palma (the La Palma Island government) and the 2 town halls of the areas affected by the fires last August.

The representatives of the two charities both thanked the club effusively for this generous gesture by CD Tenerife commenting on the fast action by the club for their act of solidarity with those affected by the drama they lived through in La Palma

No comments: