01/06/2011

Pablo hopes to win the derby for the fans



Pablo Sicilia was the player interviewed today, Wednesday and he talked about the derby on Saturday. “We have nothing to play for except our own pride and that of the fans. We are going out to win to give our people some happiness and finish the year in the best possible manner. A derby is always a special game, always different”.
The footballer from Gran Canaria, also expressed his sorrow for the results of the season. “We would have liked to at least have maintained the category we were in. Things went wrong from the beginning and we dragged these results through the whole season. We need to look carefully at ourselves and learn from them”.
He then continued on the same theme. “We need to win this game as e can't win anything else for the fans. We need to win and finish with as much dignity as possible”.
Lastly when asked about the future, Sicilia stated that “not even I know where I will be next year. In the next few days I hope to talk to the new sports director and know what he plans. I have a contract with CD Tenerife and it is not up to me what happens it is up to the club”.
The second player to be interviewed was Sebastián Dubarbier, who is only here on loan, he talked about Saturday's game saying, “We need to compete well. We are going with the intention of playing a good game and in spite of the relegation we hope to win”.
The Argentine finished by talking about the time he has spent playing for CD Tenerife, “I started well, and was happy with how I was playing, but I was then injured for a while. I will only take home good memories from the island” he added.

No comments: