01/02/2011

Julio Alvarez hopes things are on the way up



“The group is more important than the individual. We can see this when we have the ball”, is how Julio Alvarez started his press conference referring to Sunday's game. “We are recovering our confidence but we need to read the games better. All the players are committed to this improvement and we hope this will show soon in results. We want to finish the season really well” the player continued. He was impressed by the reaction of the team on Sunday saying “The reaction against Girona was phenomenal, you saw that the team had spirit. That said after the 1-0 we should have gone all out playing the ball as we had been”.
In reference to himself recently the “20” saw that “I have certain characteristics as a player. Against Granada I felt much more comfortable and maybe in that position I will be more able to help the team”.
Álvarez, in the same theme, wanted to send a message to the fans, “I am grateful to the fans, I understand why they were unhappy. I know what I need to do to help the team and I am going to continue doing it. The supporters are ten out of ten in my book”.
Lastly the island player talked about the next game in the Helmántico. “I am only worried to see if we can manage the game for the 90 minutes. We are missing the assurance which allows you to win games. We know what we will find in Salamanca and I reiterate we need to know how to play this game”.
Ricardo León, for his part, started with the comment, “We need to look at the positive side. The team has made a change and all we need now is that step to positive results. We need to keep the ball in our possession. We know we are capable of taking the initiative in a game”.
About the next game the blue and white mid-fielder confirmed that “Salamanca will want to please their fans and we need to react and add points three by three. We will need to play well in the Helmántico to overcome our next rival”.
Lastly, Ricardo talked about the situation the team finds themselves, “If we had all been at this level since the beginning, we wouldn't be where we are now. I am trying to play my best every round and add as much as I can to the game, but sometimes things don't work out as one hopes. We need to function as a group and this way things will improve”, he finished.

No comments: