24/01/2011

Antonio Tapia presented as the new CDT coach.


Antonio Tapia was presented today at lunch time as the new trainer for CD Tenerife. This act took place in the press room in the Heliodoro Rodríguez López, and the trainer from Cordoba was there with blue and white sports director, Juanjo Lorenzo.


The new coach for the island team, started, stating that, “It is a pleasure to be here in Tenerife, and I wish and hope that I will live up to your expectations both personally and in my sporting capacity, this is a great moment for me”.
In reference to the date of the next game against Granada and how close it is, Antonio Tapia confirmed that from this morning “the technical team and I are compiling information to make choices and be ready for the next encounter in the best possible form”.
The Andalucian trainer also talked about the blue and white squad. “I know them and I have also been in the dressing room of some of these players such as Juanlu, Melli & Antonio Hidalgo. The rest I have played against in a multitude of games in various levels. Added to that, I have seen some of the games this season”.
Following this thought Tapia continued with the words. “There is a good squad here which they have demonstrated in previous seasons, and we will meet the next two games in the best conditions we can and I am sure that with the help of everyone the team will move forwards. This team have done interesting things and we will make the most of them”.
Asked about how he will reactivate the team the new coach confessed that “We will need to work form different points: psychological, football, personal...... As soon as possible we will diagnose the situation we are in and from there take decisions to win games”.
Antonio Tapia also talked about the style the team will play “All trainers like that the team fulfils the desire of the fans, not just in the classification table but in styles of play. We will attempt to play the best we can. We will not spare the players forces. We will try to put our potential on the table and cover the expectations” he added.
Lastly the trainer, analysed the possibility of other players arriving this week. “The best is to leave Juanjo Lorenzo and his collaborators to do their job. They have plans and once I have completed my study of the team I will share my views of the needs of the squad. We are working together in the decisions we are going to take” he finished.

No comments: