06/01/2011

Players comments during the first week of the year.



There were various player interviews this week and I have put them into this post. On Wednesday David Prieto and Marc were interviewed.

David Prieto is confident that the team will triumph again on Sunday against Albacete Balompié. The central defender for CD Tenerife admitted that “the point we added away from home really counts for us because we managed to draw on two occasions coming back each time. Now we are only thinking about adding the three points at home”.
The blue and white player told that he feels better now after the knock that he received in Real Valladolid “I have some pains in my neck, but nothing more”. This way the island player stated that “in the Heliodoro we want to be strong and achieve triumphs. We know how important it is to win this Sunday. From there we will be able to concentrate and making January a good month”.

David Prieto reminded that “the important game is Albacete, amongst other reasons because it is the next game we play. We need to achieve this victory to make us strong. The way things are, every game is vital. We need to make the point against Valladolid count”.

For his part, Marc Bertrán who also attended the press conference hoped, “to be fit to play this weekend, I feel well and am happy. Last Sunday the team was good and played well. We need to take forward the positive factors from that game”.

Now, the blue and white defender hopes “this will be a new year in all senses. Lets see if the team can move up and recover confidence. At home, with our fans, we need to be strong and play as a competitive team. That's how we can get out from under.”.

Bertrán admitted that “we are concentrated on the weekend and the only thin that is important is Albacete. These are three vital points and right now all I can think about is the situation the group finds itself in, in how to help CD Tenerife leave the relegation zone. The team needs everyone to move forwards”.
He was then asked if he could see himself leaving to which he replied that anything was possible. The following day he rectified this statement saying he thought the question meant in June not in the winter. He confirmed again that he was very committed to the team and really wanted to help them. He then assured the press that he would not be leaving in January.

Wednesday afternnon after training Dani Kome, Natalio, Julio Álvarez, Iriome, Carlos Bellvís, Mikel Alonso & Luis García went to the university hospital to visit children who were staying in the hospital over the holidays.

Also on Thursday, Natalio Lorenzo & Mikel Alonso were the duo who met the press, in the HRL after the training session there.
Natalio started saying, “To get this month on the right track we need to win the next game, this is important”. He followed by saying that “ the fans are really loyal to the team and it is normal that they are fed up with the results. This Sunday, everyone together we will win. The Heliodoro needs to be a fortress”.
Natalio Lorenzo noted that the rival this weekend is “Albacete, they are reinforcing their team so it will be hard. There are three important points in play.
We all know the situation, and we need to meet this situation bravely. We play at home, in the Heliodoro, with all our people and we can show everyone positive moves”.
“The coach is very demanding will each and every one of us. I am trying to bring the best of me to every session and game”, he concluded.
On his side, Mikel Alonso also talked about the unbelievable importance of the game this Sunday against Albacete: “we need the points and more so at home. This could be a good game and e are all keen to bring home the three points. Last Sunday, the team showed they could react. We showed we could play well and that point counts high”.
When asked about the next rival the basque midfielder pointed out that “Albacete right now are direct rivals and we need to beat them to move up”.
“The changing room is in form. But this is a difficult season. We know we need triumphs”. When asked about his future on the island, Alonso only commented that “ I am centered on the club and the tam this isn't the moment to talk about individuals”.



The club also released an in depth interview with Sergio Aragoneses who came to the club the first time in September 2000. His first game then was against Albacete. This Sunday will be the 150th league game he has played for the club. “I always looked up to Luis Miguel Arconada” stated the keeper. “He was a reference for my generation, in Spanish football he was a keeper who marked an era”.

-¿Was CD Tenerife the team who most signified for you as a player?
“The truth is yes. This is the club who gave me the chance to play in the first and second divisions. I am proud to say I play for them and will always be grateful to CDT for these chances”.
-¿Where do you think you would have gone if you hadn't come to play for the blanquiazul in 2000?
“I had some offers but it was here that called me most. especially with the players who were here. I bet that Tenerife was the right choice and I think I made the right decision”.
-¿How could teams like Deportivo, Celta or even at that time teams like Compostela, let a keeper of your qualities go?
“Life is like that. They saw that a prophet is never appreciated in his home town. It is true that I would have loved to play for one of the teams in my region but things didn't work out that way. I am grateful to the teams I had the chance to play for”.
-This Sunday will be the game number 150 in league games you have played for Tenerife?
“ For any player 150 games is an important number of games to have played in one club. To have worn the Tenerife colours all these years and in so many games is wonderful and I hope to keep doing so”.
-¿How do you see the team?
“The group seem calm. Still, we need to be conscious of the situation we find ourselves in and we all take part in this worry. We need to go out to every game as if it is a authentic final to try to achieve the three points each round. The most important objective right now is to save the team. For this we need a lot of points. We need to start now, this Sunday, to aspire to stop being last”.
-Next month you will be 34 and you seem fit enough top go on playing for a while
“I hope so. I find I am well both physically and mentally. I still have the same hopes and dreams as when I started and no one can take them away”.
-¿Can you see yourself any where else in another team who aren't Tenerife?
“Right now I see myself here. I am very comfortable here both professionally and personally. It is the club who found me and bought me her to the island, I feel like another Tenerifian”.
-If anything with the passing of time the fans seem to esteem you more and more......
“Trust develops little by little. In my case, I had two stages in Tenerife which were completely different. This is one of the reasons I am proud of the support of the fans”.
-¿Any message for the Tenerife fan base?
“To the fans I can only ask that they maintain the support we have seen for the last three years. They are especially good and this will help us move out from the bottom of the table”.

No comments: