29/01/2011

"I will play wherever the coach needs me" said Pablo Sicilia.

Pablo Sicilia & Sebastián Dubarbier both have clear that CD Tenerife has the potential for the squad to get out of the relegation positions they are occupying right now, last in the Liga Adelante. The player from Gran Canaria and the Argentine were the two players in the press room in the Mundialito on Saturday, after the last training session of the week.
Sicilia was asked if he thought he would play this weekend, about the constant change of position he has had in the last few games, moving from central defender to left back and also as a midfielder, “I have changed positions various times and I am pleased I have been able to do so. I will play wherever the coach needs me. The most important is whoever get to play, that they go all out for the game. We are convinced that the three points need to stay here”, he said about the questions.
The defender, one of the players in the present CD Tenerife who has played the most games has no doubt about the capacity of the squad: “We have the potential to move out of the bottom of the table and we need to demonstrate this on the field. We will give everything”.
“We need to stay calm and be confident in our possibilities, our work needs to be reflected with wins. We need to control the results especially when we are ahead on the scoreboard. As well we need to try not to let in goals. There has to come a day when we can achieve this again and I am sure Sunday will be that day” he added.
For his part, the recently arrived Sebastián Dubarbier also wanted to send an optimistic message, he commented that “we are waiting to do what the coach asks, to prove ourselves and win many games. I am happy to be here in CD Tenerife. I have come into an outstanding group and we will beat this situation”.
“If it is my turn to play, then I will with enthusiasm. It could be this Sunday. As the days here pass I fell better and better. I hope that soon I will be fully fit”, explained the Argentine.
Dubarbier is very clear that they path to follow is : “work with conviction, be positive and all pull the same way”. “This Sunday we play at home. We need to be strong in the Heliodoro and win, that’s the only option”, he finished.

No comments: