03/01/2011

Mandia and the players talk after the game against Valladolid

CD Tenerife trainer Juan Carlos Mandiá Lorenzo, started the interviews followed by several players. They talked about the game and the help the players needed from the fans in January.




“Before the game we needed 37 more points and now we need 36. If we gain the points three by three it will be easier but this draw is important”. This is how Juan Carlos Mandía started his press conference at the end of the game against Real Valladolid in Pucela.
Mandía insisted that he asking for the maximum effort from his players. He also wouldn't comment on things that might divide the team. “What counts is that we keep adding points. I am  respectful of everyone’s views, but it would be good to create a positive atmosphere. Where everyone works towards getting out of the position we are in. Lets try not to cause a breakup”.
The blue and white coach valued the positive reaction of the team to remount after both goals. “When a group is like this , it is hard. But we need to fight and that is what they did. The fact they came back twice is important. We need to make the most of this. If we can win on Sunday then this one point will count a lot more,” noted the trainer.
He refused to to give any explanation about specific points of the game. This he said was because, “If I don't make changes you ask why I didn't or that I did too late. I will not debate with you. There are things I do as trainer. I always try to make the best out of what I have to work with”.
The players interviewed stated the following:
Beranger: “We found our game. It was a good game. Every point the team adds is a positive. We just had two bad games and this 2-2 draw gives us confidence. At no time did we lose faith. We looked for goals and achieved them. Valladolid with very few chances managed two goals. This is how things work when you are at the bottom. Our aim is to gain the three points at home”.
Iriome: “I had accounts outstanding with Aitor. He told me I was going to score and I went to look for him to celebrate. It is a long time since I scored with this shirt. Julio Is also to blame for this goal. Valladolid had good chances. We didn’t have many. This point means we start the year adding points to our total. On the positive side we reacted when they scores. We need to look at the good things. If we win against Albacete then this point will count for more. We need to be strong with the help of the fans in the Heliodoro”.
Sicilia: “I am personally very happy and for the group too. We made a great effort and Iriome's goal was the compensation. We started the year well. This is a tough ground. And it was a complicated game today. We need to hold the positive. All the players are exhausted. I am convinced that we are improving and if we keep today’s attitude then we will move forward. I would like to ask the fans to help us in the game against Albacete if they help us we can find the three points. The thing that stays in my mind today is the effort the group made. That we never lost faith”.
Julio Álvarez: “We need to build on the positive factors from the game. Players who haven't been in the game added to the squad. The team worked the 90 minutes and we not brought down. I saw the team as intense and aggressive, without leaving spaces. As well we played with spirit and reacted. This is how to grow. We need to help so the club can be seen as great from the field up. I came out here to play for the team for three years. We have no doubts. We will be stronger the more games we play like this. There are always things that could be improved but the team did all they could. We ran our guts out and we have seen the prize”.
soy del tete

No comments: