12/05/2011

German was excited to have the chance to start for CD Tenerife.


In spite of the loss, the game on Wednesday night against Real Betis was very special for local player Germán, who started for the CD Tenerife team for the first time. The player was due to start on the bench but last minute injury of mid fielder Hidalgo gave him the chance to be in the starting eleven. He was an hour on the field and was then substituted by Omar. German talked on the CD Tenerife club official website.
¿What do you think about the game on Wednesday night?
“For me personally it was an incredible experience especially the atmosphere in the stadium. To this you need to add that I had the chance to start for the team”.
The change to be in the starting eleven was unexpected. How did you feel?
“I didn't have the chance to be nervous but just went out on the grass with enthusiasm. It was something I was hoping for”.
What did your colleagues say?
“They were really helpful. They encouraged me and at the same time told me to to stay calm and play they way I do normally”.
And the coach?
“He told me a few technical things about how he wanted me to play. The way he talked to me gave me a lot of confidence”
You played in the front and on the win. Where did you feel better?
“Up front I was a bit lost but when I moved onto the win I felt much more comfortable and was able to take part more in the game”.
Were you tired?
“The truth is not very. It is clear to me that in the second division they play at a higher level, but I was surprised not to finish exhausted, which is another reason I am so pleased”.
¿How do you see the three games you have been with the first team?
“I am pleased as I have had continuity, which is what I had hoped for. Now I need to keep working hard to make sure the coach want be confident I am fit to play”.
How do you feel the squad should play the rest of the games left in this season?
“As they have until now. As hard as they can to see how high they can be in the table”.

No comments: